Friday, September 5, 2008

cravings

i had the most lovely evening yesterday. my girl was sourly watching the giants beat the redskins (neither of whom she likes, so i'm not sure why she was so emotionally involved in the game, but that's okay beacuse it worked to my advantage) when i took it upon myself to have a look-see in her bedroom. my girl heard me rifling through things and making odd noises, but she shrugged it off because i do that sometimes. what she had forgotten, however, was a box of junior mints that she had on top of my crate which is beside her bed. what was i to do? let them get stale as eli manning continued to throw inexplicable completions? i give you a resounding NO!!! i knocked the box down, ripped it open, ate the CHOCOLATE candy, then preceeded to eat almost the entire cardboard minty-flavored box before she came in and found me!


i was kind crabby the rest of the night, but i didn't tell her it was because i was feeling poorly due to my dangerous over-indulgence. i didn't let on. and i made it through just fine, thank you. no ill effects. and my breath even smelled minty fresh!

11 comments:

Mack said...

hahahaa - Fig we are so much alike --

I stole my dad's half-eaten brownine last night when he got up to feed the bird!

Actually, I wasn't really crabby afterward I was lovey-dovey which is kinda odd, especially for me.

Good job!,
Mack

Mack said...

oops, I meant brownie....

Ruby Bleu said...

Oh my Figgy, that could have been dangerous. I'm so glad you are ok!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Moco said...

Fig, Fig, Fig,
You clever devil you. I am sure eating the box countered the effects of the actual candy.

Jen and Suki said...

I can't even imagine how much mom would freak if I did that. I'm not even sure it would be worth it! But I'm super glad you're well.

Peanut said...

Oh good job. I once ate a package of swiss rolls. That was lovely also. Lucky for you junior mints are not in plastic wrappers.

Joe Stains said...

Fig, what a score. What was the chocolate like??? I have never had it?? was it amazing?? oh man am I jealous!

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Wow Fig! major score!! Probly much more white mint stuff than choc in those. Still, glad all is well.
I,Sunny, recently got into my mom's stash in her bed. got a whole bag of sweet potato chips! Her fave. My Condo is by Mom's bed too.
Come on over and see us, then we'll have seen the whole family at our place! Taddy came by today. You probably know that I'm thinking!hah!
Hugs,
Sunny,Scooter&Jamie

MJ's doghouse said...

oh man fig...i love anything minty and fresh...and chocolate is like the icing on the cake...good job my friend...i know they say how bad chocolate is...but a little wont hurt ya....godo job...

Petra said...

Way to go, Fig! Let's try doing that at my house next time!

Lady Kaos said...

Don't do that again!! That's what my Mom yells at me when I get into her chocolate that she doesn't properly put away.
Kaos