Saturday, February 2, 2008

birthday part 2

i can't believe it's been almost a week since i last told you about my birthday. bad massah! but i need to share the rest of my presents.... firstly, i must explain what happened. massah said she would NOT give me 5 presents for every hour my birthday celebration was delayed. humph. evidently i didn't get a signed agreement out of her stating that fact. so pups - apparently you need to get your hooman to write it down, sign it, and then take it to some kind of important person to get it NOTARIZED if you want them to actually follow through on their promises. she did get me something though. so. moving on....

she took me to petco to pick out whatever i wanted. that was pretty sweet. i did NOT want this, but now that it's on i suppose it's not too bad.


i had picked out a leather studded tough-chica collar... but massah said i had to have some pink in this one. so i guess camo-pink will do. i'm still not terribly pleased, as you can see by my expression.

note: that is NOT a fat roll on my neck; it was a bad angle for a photograph.



i got a boat-load of treats... the kind that i NEVER get to eat! there are chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter rolls, liver snacks, froot loops, and so many others in that bag that i can't even remember. YUM!


and look at this - it's a wubba-dubba-doo!!! and it's AWESOME!


i HIGHLY recommend it for those who haven't experienced the pleasure. it has a ear-drum shattering pitch to the squeaker inside, and i have yet to destroy the squeaker (after one WEEK - that's unheard of for a boston!).


this is a sight massah sees a lot of these days. (please ignore IT in the background.)


i also got a big fat bone! (massah got one for the other animal in the house too, so don't feel bad for him) hey, it's not a cow penis, but it's a bone from a cow; that's the best we can hope for in this house.


and finally, this wonderful HUGE bone cookie. i had to work hard for this one, though. there was an enormous plastic bin FULL of these cookies on the bottom shelf (man, i love the marketing in that store). massah kept dragging me away from it because she knows i like to steal and eat things while i'm there and then she has to buy them when we go through the line. so i got smarter this time around. i waited until we were in the checkout line and she was putting all our stuff on the counter. while she was distracted, i pulled the whole entire bin of cookies off the shelf and all over the ground. there was like a billion ka-zillion cookie bones sitting on the floor in front of me! a bunch of people had to come and help her pick them up, but look what i managed to do:


and then of course she had to buy it, which means it's sitting on our counter and i'm waiting for massah to get a little less annoyed at me so i can eat the rest. it was a pretty good birthday.

19 comments:

Mack said...

Sounds like you had a great trip to the pet store!
Your collar is soo pretty Fig.

Massah must really love you a lot!

Peanut said...

what great stuff. Oh my goodness my mom just bought me that same kong wubba same color and everything.
Great job on getting the cookie. :)

Joe Stains said...

Fig, you rule. I took a huge dump in the middle of the pet store once! I am Joe Stains, I don't know waht Mom expected. We have a Wubba too and we have had it a MONTH and the squeaker is still good and LOUD!

Luckie Girl said...

Good move Fig, to eat the good stuff even before massah paid for it. Thanks for the tip on how to hold our hoomans to their word. I think we need a lawyer.

Ruby Bleu said...

Figgy...
I love the collar and your technique in convincing Massah to buy the cookie...BRILLIANT!!! I must remember that for next time!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Moco said...

Way to go girl. That is one great haul. I want to go to the pet store.

Molly the Airedale said...

We love Wubba! We bet it won't be too much longer before you have it torn apart!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

MJ's doghouse said...

wow Fig...good job on the cookie stealin....you should write a book about how you did that...i am so impressed....I usually get to pick one thing out when we go shopping...and the lady at the cash that steals all moms money gives me a treat...sometimes two.but I never ever ever stole one ....dang....yummmmy

Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Looks like you had a pawsome birthday Fig. Sure hope you get to munch on that cookie sometimes soon!
Ozzie & Rocky

Ferndoggle said...

What fun barkday presents Fig. You look great in that new collar. I think it suits you very well.

Lola

Sparky said...

Happy belated birthday Fig! It looks like you made out, even though the terms of your aggreement with Massah was obviously broken.

Patches and I got a couple of those bones too - and they are the greatest. I used it to teach Patches a little lesson.

Lady Kaos said...

I LOVE your collar! My favorite color is camo! The pink is a little weird though. My Mom does that notarization thing. You'd have to come to Colorado for it to be legal though.
Even though you didn't get as many presants as you should have, it looks like what you did get was pretty cool!
Kaos

The Brat Pack said...

Good job on dumping the bones...I'm going to have to remember that.

Tucker-Doodle

Simba said...

Glad your birthday rocked! Yes, the Wubba is one of my favourite toys!!

wags,

Simba

Urban Smoothie Read said...

wow...so many pressie to play n enjoy...

have fun...

Lady Kaos said...

Fig!
I gave you an award. Check out my blog today. I hope your pink eye goes away fast so you and Petra can get abck to enjoying vacation.
Kaos

Poppy said...

Wow, you got a wubba?! My Wubba Snugga is my favoritist toy ever!!!

Poppy

Frasier said...

Hi Fig
I need to remember that the next time I go to Petco!!
You know they did that on purpose!!!
Frasier

Emily and Ike said...

I heard about your stink eye. Gross. I hope it's ok now.
Ike